cheap trick lyrics CONNECTIONS: Small Group Ministry at First Parish Beginning in February, 2017, Rev. Paul will be leading small groups of 8-12 that will gather either once or twice each month to explore our monthly themes more deeply, to explore our respective spiritual journeys, and to come to know one another more deeply in an environment in which each person’s voice will be heard.
What is CONNECTIONS?
• Spiritual Seeking. To deepen our spiritual lives and build on the benefits we receive from our regular worship services.
• Community Building. To foster positive connections among all members and friends, and to help new people connect with us.
• Ministry. To extend the ministry at First Parish by caring for and ministering to one another.
• Intellectual Exploration. To expand our understanding of the world and ways to demonstrate our UU principles in our lives, focusing on the monthly themes being used in Sunday Services and Religious Education.
• Living Our Values. To engage in service projects to benefit the First Parish community, the neighborhood, or the larger society.
The purpose of Connections Groups is to establish an intentional practice to help us better realize our mission as a religious community, to deepen our connection to the spiritual, intellectual, caring, and service aspects of our Unitarian Universalist movement and our own congregation. Connections Groups are based on the Small Group Ministry model that has been used with profit in many other Unitarian Universalist churches; the structures we have chosen draw from experience at many other UU other churches.
One group will meet twice a month on the SECOND and FOURTH Tuesdays of the month at 7:30 pm, starting on February 14th (and then on Feb. 28th and so on)
The other group will meet once a month on the THIRD Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm starting on February 21st. Signup sheets for both groups will be available starting on Sunday, January 8th.
Questions? Please reach out to Rev. Paul in person or at email@example.com