Make this week’s offertory here!
–First Parish Donation Page–
Or Text an amount to: (508) 466-6463
SHARE THE PLATE CHARITY FOR November
The November charity is our annual collection for the Guest at Your Table program of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee. This year during Guest at Your Table, we are invited to witness stories of our partners around the world as they tell us about home. Our partners in Central America are working to make sure no one is forced to flee their home due to violence or economic devastation. Our partners in Alaska, Louisiana, and the Pacific are fighting for their homes and ancestral lands against the ravages of extractive industries and climate change. And our partners in Burma, Bangladesh, and beyond are working tirelessly to support the rights of the Rohingya ethnic minority of Burma after facing government backed genocide in their homeland.
We will be asking people to make specific donations to the GAYT program, as well as sharing the half of the undesignated collections. Please indicate that your donation is for GAYT. Also watch weekly messages for more details.
— You may write a separate check to First Parish with GAYT in the memo line. —
First Parish Donations
Please mail your First Parish pledge payments and offerings as well as your pledges for to:
First Parish UU Church
50 School St.
Bridgewater, MA 02324
You can also donate online at:
–First Parish Donation Page–
Sign up for your monthly pledge
Set up your monthly pledge to automatically be billed to your credit card or bank account at the First Parish Donation Page. Here you can set up your bank account to automatically send a check to First Parish each month. For directions, e-mail: email@example.com or fill out our “Contact Us form”.
To figure out how much you want to donate, use our giving guide at: https://fpuubridgewater.org/can-u-give
The 5-member Board of Trustees, established in 1803, is elected at the Annual Meeting, and is governed by a separate set of Bylaws.
- Members of the Board of Trustees can be any Active Member of the Parish except members of the Parish Committee or staff persons.
- The Board’s main functions are to manage the Endowment Fund for the support of the Minister, and to present a report at the Annual Meeting.
- The Trustees may hire a financial advisor, using funds from the Trustees’ account, to assist with fund management
Giving to the church
Unrestricted gifts give the church the best flexibility in using the funds by evaluating the greatest needs of the church.
- Gifts made to the Trustees, a separate financial entity, go into the Endowment Fund.
- Gifts may also be made to the church’s Memorial Fund. The money may be used to purchase such needs for the church and can be designated as being given in the memory of those for whom the gifts were sent, unless otherwise specified by the donor. The fund may be allowed to accumulate if the Parish Committee so wishes. These gifts are made to First Congregational Society, Unitarian of Bridgewater, MA.