Make this week’s offertory here!
–First Parish Donation Page–
Or Text an amount to: (508) 466-6463
DONATE-THE-PLATE CHARITY FOR FEBRUARY
The plate donations in February will be equally divided between two local groups, BCCR and D.I.C.E., who are working for civil rights, diversity and anti-racism. Several First Parish members are involved in their activities including Standouts on the Common and working with the local schools.
Bridgewater Communities for Civil Rights (BCCR) stands against social injustice, intolerance and hate. BCCR promotes civility and respect through Active Bystander Training, Community Forums and Stand Outs.
BCCR, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit charity corporation.
Diversity & Inclusion for Community Empowerment (D.I.C.E.) is a network of community members interested in ensuring that Bridgewater – Raynham MA and surrounding cities and towns promote diversity, inclusion, cultural competency, anti-racism, empathy and compassion in our towns and schools. Through this network, we exchange ideas and challenge each other to think in new ways about how our evolving communities can foster an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds – particularly our youth – can live, thrive, and succeed.
First Parish Donations
Please mail your First Parish pledge payments and offerings as well as your pledges for to:
First Parish UU Church
50 School St.
Bridgewater, MA 02324
You can also donate online at:
–First Parish Donation Page–
Sign up for your monthly pledge
Set up your monthly pledge to automatically be billed to your credit card or bank account at the First Parish Donation Page. Here you can set up your bank account to automatically send a check to First Parish each month. For directions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our “Contact Us form”.
To figure out how much you want to donate, use our giving guide at: https://fpuubridgewater.org/can-u-give
The 5-member Board of Trustees, established in 1803, is elected at the Annual Meeting, and is governed by a separate set of Bylaws.
- Members of the Board of Trustees can be any Active Member of the Parish except members of the Parish Committee or staff persons.
- The Board’s main functions are to manage the Endowment Fund for the support of the Minister, and to present a report at the Annual Meeting.
- The Trustees may hire a financial advisor, using funds from the Trustees’ account, to assist with fund management
Giving to the church
Unrestricted gifts give the church the best flexibility in using the funds by evaluating the greatest needs of the church.
- Gifts made to the Trustees, a separate financial entity, go into the Endowment Fund.
- Gifts may also be made to the church’s Memorial Fund. The money may be used to purchase such needs for the church and can be designated as being given in the memory of those for whom the gifts were sent, unless otherwise specified by the donor. The fund may be allowed to accumulate if the Parish Committee so wishes. These gifts are made to First Congregational Society, Unitarian of Bridgewater, MA.